Saturday, March 26, 2011

1st BAPTISM

So......We just had a Baptism.  His name is Bill.  He is awesome.  Right now I feel so happy, I can't even begin to explain the sensation.  I know that there is no other way to find this happiness than doing what is right, because I have searched for this feeling many years, and only now do I understand it.  But it is so powerful I can only describe it as awesome, and that's not even half way to what it really feels like.  I feel like I could just drop into my bed right now and not wake up for quite some time.  I am reminded of the missionary in the Book of Mormon named Ammon, who when he saw one of his close friends after returning from his mission and seeing that he also had many who had become true followers of Jesus Christ, he basically passed out.


"Now the joy of Ammon was so great even that he was full; 
yea, he was swallowed up in the joy of his God, 
even to the exhausting of his strength; 
and he fell again to the earth." 
-- Alma 27:17

I hope all of us can some day feel this spirit.  That we will be able to love other and bring them into the waters of baptism, that they may more fully follow our Savior, Jesus Christ.
 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment