Sunday, March 27, 2011

Doing what He has asked of us.

Well today was a great day.  The sun was shining, the air was clean, and we got a whole lot accomplished.  I love how everything always works out, but never according to plan.  But I know that even when things dont go according to plan, and even when it seems that something which should have happened didn't, it is for the benefit of those who are involved.


"And if thou shouldst be cast into the pit, or into the hands of murderers, and the sentence of death passed upon thee; if thou be cast into the deep; if the billowing surge conspire against thee; if fierce winds become thine enemy; if the heavens gather blackness, and all the elements combine to hedge up the way; and above all, if the very jaws of hell shall gape open the mouth wide after thee, know thou, my son, that all these things shall give thee experience, and shall be for thy good." 
-- Doctrine & Covenants 122:7

I have found that several times in my life, when I calm myself and look to the Lord, everything truly does end up being good for me.  All we have to do is keep His commandments.


No comments:

Post a Comment