Thursday, March 31, 2011

What a Rush!!

So this post comes from abyss of my minds' twisting nether.  Mostly I have a mental 'filing cabinet' where everything to do with gaming or movies and TV shows gets dumped.  It's probably the biggest filing cabinet in my brain.  But, once upon a time I was watching a movie called "Stargate", where a group of US Air Force guys use an alien device which creates a stable wormhole to another location, usually a planet, and when you pass through the event horizon it transports you almost instantly, (about .2 seconds or something), to the other side.  No one had ever recorded being able to turn it on before.  So when they go through the first time it has a cool Computer Generated visual sequence with some intense sound effects.  You then see one of the characters standing on the other side and he says, "What a rush."  After a few minutes go by everyone calms down and they go about securing the area and doing their military thing.

Well, I'm not military, but that is kinda the best way to describe how i feel right now.  I am doing something i have never done before as a missionary, and my first time in bringing someone to the waters of baptism really was a rush!!  I was nervous, I didn't want to mess anything up, I was happy, I was scared, and I felt like I was going to pass out for a few moments.  However just like in the movie, a few minutes go by, or for me it was a few days, and then everything is normal again.  Nice and pleasant where I know what I need to be doing and can do so with confidence.  This is one way that the Lord prepares us for future trials in life.  He gives us a taste and when we handle it well we prove that He can trust us.  He then trusts us with a little more next the time.


 "For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept;
line upon line, line upon line;
here a little, and there a little"
-- Isaiah 28:10

"For behold, thus saith the Lord God:
I will give unto the children of men line upon line,
precept upon precept,
here a little and there a little;
and blessed are those who hearken unto my precepts,
and lend an ear unto my counsel,
for they shall learn wisdom;
for unto him that receiveth
I will give more"
-- 2 Nephi 28:30


I know that as we follow the lord, we will be able to have that RUSH of adrenaline, that EXCITEMENT within our soul, so that we will be sustained in our trials and carried through all our afflictions.

No comments:

Post a Comment