Sunday, April 10, 2011

There when YOU Need Him

So....tonight was quite exquisite.  We taught an awesome gentleman, watched the Restoration DVD, and now I get to tell the world about it!!  Isn't the gospel of Jesus Christ just wonderful??  I have decided that even if we are not entirely perfect, which we are not, we can still be just as happy as if we were.  This is because of the Atonement.  The Atonement is Christ's suffering in the Garden of Gethsemane, His death on the cross, and his Resurrection three days later.







This enabled us to call upon His name in repentance.  Repentance is when we pray to Him asking for forgivness, and promising never to do what we did wrong ever again.  Heavenly Father knows we won't be perfect and He provided a Savior for this purpose.

I love my Savior.  I know that He loves me, and I can turn to Him for anything.  I am so grateful for the Atonement and everything that Christ has done for me.  Jesus Christ went through everything He did, so that when we need help He would know exactly how to help us, in the exact way that will help us the most.  He is always just a Prayer away, and He is the best friend you can ever have, and He is always there when you need Him.

This is one of my favorite scriptures on the Atonement.

"But God ceaseth not to be God,
and mercy claimeth the penitent,
and mercy cometh because of the atonement;
and the atonement bringeth to pass the resurrection of the dead;
and the resurrection of the dead bringeth back men into the presence of God;
and thus they are restored into his presence,
to be judged according to their works,
according to the law and justice."
-- Alma 42:23

No comments:

Post a Comment