Thursday, November 10, 2011

Why the Book of Mormon ? ?

The Book of Mormon - Another testament of Jesus Christ

Why is the Book of Mormon so important if we have the Bible?

"But if he will not hear thee,
then take with thee one or two more,
that in the mouth of two or three witnesses
every word may be established."

"In the mouth of two or three witnesses shall every word be established."

The Book of Mormon is "Another Testament of Jesus Christ".

Why does everyone say different things about the Bible?

Regardless of the valiant efforts of Christ’s apostles and their faithful followers, the original church that Christ restored began to fade away. Members faced severe persecution and all but one of the apostles were martyred. This is a period called the Great Apostasy, when there was a “falling away” (2 Thessalonians 2:1-3) from the gospel Christ organized. The apostolic authority to bestow priesthood keys and to receive revelation for the Church was lost along with many precious teachings. Errors about His teachings crept into the church resulting in conflicting opinions and lost truths. This period is what we call the Great Apostasy.

For more information please visit http://mormon.org/restoration/.

What should I do to figure out what the Bible really means?

"Search these commandments, for they are true and faithful,
and the prophecies and promises which are in them shall all be fulfilled."

"Angels speak by the power of the Holy Ghost; wherefore, they speak the words of Christ.
Wherefore, I said unto you, feast upon the words of Christ;
for behold, the words of Christ will tell you all things what ye should do."

It is impossible to learn something without effort.
You must first put in the effort to read the Bible on your own.
In order to understand the Bible, I would suggest reading the Book of Mormon.
Does God talk to Prophets like He did in the Bible?  Who are these Prophets?

"Surely the Lord God will do nothing,
but he revealeth his secret unto his servants the prophets."

The Lord has again called a Prophet to lead His people here on Earth.

See mormon.org and lds.org - First Presidency for more information about Modern Prophets.

How do I recognize the Holy Spirit in my life?

I personally feel the Spirit not when I am frustrated, angry, extremely busy, or trying to complete homework.  I feel the Spirit best when I take time out of my schedule to sit down and read the Scriptures, both the Bible and the Book of Mormon.  I feel the Spirit when I Pray and talk with my Heavenly Father about the struggles I have in life.  I feel the Spirit when I attend Church, and quietly listen to others teach about the Gospel, allowing the Holy Ghost the opportunity to whisper in my thoughts.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment