Monday, March 28, 2011

Well Done, Thou Good and Faithful Servant

Sometimes we make mistakes.  Sometimes the greatest dancer can fall down.  Sometimes the best carpenter cuts a few too many inches of wood.  But that is ok, because of the Atonement of Jesus Christ.  Without Him everything would be pointless.  Through His suffering for our sins, and our weakness, and our shortcomings, we are able to turn to Him and to repent of our mistakes.  He will pick us up when we fall down.  He can even find a way to repair an otherwise ruined Grandfather Clock. 

We have each been given talents and abilities.  To some dancing, and others carpentry. Talents come in many different forms, but everyone has one.  These gifts from our Heavenly Father are there to help us through mortality, as well as to bless others.  If we help others by using our talents, we will also be blessed.

"And so he that had received five talents came 
and brought other five talents, saying, 
Lord, thou deliveredst unto me five talents: 
behold, I have gained beside them five talents more.
His lord said unto him, 
Well done, thou good and faithful servant
thou hast been faithful over a few things,
I will make thee ruler over many things: 
enter thou into the joy of thy lord."
-- Matthew 25:20-21

 Even though we will never be perfect in this life, we can strive each day to do our best to turn to Him and look for His guidance.  I love my Savior and if I do good by Him, I am more happy than I would be otherwise.  May we all be true and faithful to our Lord Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment