Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Preach of Christ, and Serve Him

"For we preach not ourselves, but Christ Jesus the Lord; and ourselves your servants for Jesus’ sake." 
-- 2 Corinthians 4:5

I found this scripture this morning as I was studying for the day.  I figured what better explanation for what I do as a missionary now, then what Paul told those he taught almost 2000 years ago.  I am not that important of myself, and so I am as a servant to those I teach.  But I serve the Lord, and He it is of whom I preach, not of myself.  I use my own words because they are familiar to me.  But I teach the words of Jesus Christ to all who will hear them.  I know that the Lord has revealed the Book of Mormon for us, so that we may be able to understand His word, and be ever more converted in following Him and His teachings.

No comments:

Post a Comment