Sunday, April 17, 2011

The BEST Action Book EVER

So as I was considering what to write for my blog post today I thought of how I could better introduce the Book of Mormon in my own words and still be creatively interesting.  Well I'm not so good at the 'my own words' part, but I did find something that is creatively interesting.

In the movie, The Princess Bride, a grandfather read a book to his sick grandson.  At the beginning of the movie he is introducing the book as a gift, describing it as, "Fencing, fighting, torture, revenge, giants, monsters, chases, escapes, True Love, miracles."...his grandson replies with, "That doesn't sound too bad. I'll try and stay awake."
 
The grandfather gave a very good description of the Book of Mormon.  There are sword fights, wars, revenge, torture, chases, escapes, and even miracles!!!!  That is probably why I love the book of Mormon so much.  I love being able to read all about how Nephi teaches his older brothers about God.  Then Enos praying with mighty faith, and after that Alma and Amulek preaching in prison.  The best part is when Christ appears shortly after His resurrection, to the people on the American continent, and heals all those who are sick.


I know that the Book of Mormon has brought me closer to my Savior, and helped me to learn about my Father in Heaven.  Therefore I know that anyone else who reads the Book of Mormon will also come closer to Jesus Christ and be able to have the witness from the Spirit, just as millions of others have, that it is truly scripture, inspired from God.

No comments:

Post a Comment