Wednesday, April 20, 2011

That is a Cool Movie!!!!

These are just a few of my favorite movie quotes.

"Sanka, you dead?"..."Ya, mon."
-- Cool Runnings

source

"Define 'dancing.' "
-- WALL-E


source

"You must be the dumbest, smart person in the world.
And you must be the dumbest, dumb person in the world."
-- I Robot


source

These are a few of my favorite scriptures.

  "Now Amulek said: O thou child of hell, why tempt ye me? Knowest thou that the righteous yieldeth to no such temptations?
Believest thou that there is no God? I say unto you, Nay, thou knowest that there is a God, but thou lovest that lucre more than him.
And now thou hast lied before God unto me. Thou saidst unto me—Behold these six onties, which are of great worth, I will give unto thee—when thou hadst it in thy heart to retain them from me; and it was only thy desire that I should deny the true and living God, that thou mightest have cause to destroy me. And now behold, for this great evil thou shalt have thy reward."
-- Alma 11:23-25

   "Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:
 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock.
And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand:
 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.
And it came to pass, when Jesus had ended these sayings, the people were astonished at his doctrine:
 For he taught them as one having authority, and not as the scribes."
-- Matthew 7:24-29


I love the scriptures because they teach us everything about life, like how to have fun, how to work hard, how to grow crops, and how to raise a family.  Not only that but they have lots of really good quotes!!  Everyone around me knows that I quote things all the time.  I don't think a day goes by where I don't quote something.  Sometimes I quote something and I don't even realize it.

The connection I made between funny movie quotes, and inspired writings from God, is how everything that we find interesting is easier to remember.  I love quoting things, so if I watch a movie that doesn't have a lot of good quotes I don't usually watch the movie very often.  It is the same with the scriptures. If I can't say it to myself and find something in it, I don't remember it very well.

I know that as we read and study the scriptures we can find things to be very interesting, and then we will want to go back to it more and more so we can remember what it said and how it said it.  From studying the scriptures I have found many days to be easier to handle than before I was reading.  The Bible, particularly the New Testament, talks about those people in the Jerusalem area of the world, and of the life of Christ. The Book of Mormon talks about a people separated from those in Israel and living in the Americas, and is a record of their dealings with God.  These two books are the most important source of quotes in my life because 'in the I think I have eternal life.'

"Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me."

No comments:

Post a Comment