Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Patience - Children


"Patience means active waiting and enduring. 
It means staying with something and doing all that we can 
working, hoping, and exercising faith; 
bearing hardship with fortitude, 
even when the desires of our hearts are delayed. 

Patience is not simply enduring; it is enduring well!"
 
 
Many times in Life we seem to put ourselves in a position we need something but have to wait on others before we will be able to get it.  If we are always trying to move forward it becomes easy to forget that we sometimes need to "be still and know that [He is] God."(Psalms 46:10)

Even when we are pained from seeing someone else struggle, we might be able to help them more by allowing them to figure it out and being patient with them, even if we already have a solution.

“We should learn to be patient with ourselves. 
Recognizing our strengths and our weaknesses, 
we should strive to use good judgment in all of our choices and decisions, 
make good use of every opportunity, 
and do our best in every task we undertake. 
We should not be unduly discouraged 
nor in despair at any time when we are doing the best we can. 
Rather, we should be satisfied with our progress 
even though it may come slowly at times.”
-- Joseph B. Wirthlin
 
I sometimes struggle because I feel that I am not 'good enough'.  A good friend showed me the other day that even if I do something stupid every now and again, it doesn't make me a bad person.

There are 168 hours in a week which is 10,080 minutes.  Even if I was to do something stupid for 30 minutes a day, only 2.08% of my week was stupid.  If 60% was a passing grade, I think most of us are at least C average because we spend roughly 30% of our time in bed.  Knowing that I was doing much better than my brain thought I was has helped me to move forward, feel better about who I am, and what I do.





No comments:

Post a Comment