Thursday, July 19, 2012

Hercules - Go the Distance

Figure out where you belong,


And then go there.

Hercules wanted to feel like he 'belonged' somewhere.  His heart told him that he was more than just the son of a farmer.  He knew that when he found his place he would be 'great' or 'awesome' or 'radical'.  But even having this in his heart he still didn't know what to do about it.



"I will find my way, I can go the distance.
I'll be there some day, if I can be strong.
I know every mile, will be worth my while."

How do we find our way in this Troubled World?

 
How Far do we really have to go?

Heavenly Father has given us the Prophets, both Ancient and Modern, to guide and direct us in His Ways.  We don't have to go very far if we don't want to, we just have to LIVE the Gospel anywhere we are.

We are not perfect at this, but through the Atonement of Christ we will 'be there someday', if we 'can be strong' and LIVE the Commandments.  Every mile WILL be worth our while, but if we don't put any effort into it then there will be no reward to look forward to.

Hercules left his parents to find what he needed to do in life.  As a Missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints I have been away from my parents for two years.  As much as I have missed them I also have found out much about myself, and about the ways of God.  Sometimes we need to leave our surroundings and that which is familiar in order to grow in the Gospel. (Matthew 19:5, Mark 10:29-30)


So what are you going to Do?

Start reading the Bible and Book of Mormon everyday?

Show more Kindness to others?

Volunteer your Time in the Service of others?

"And behold, I tell you these things that ye may learn wisdom;
that ye may learn that
when ye are in the service of your fellow beings
ye are only in the service of your God."

"And the King shall answer and say unto them,
Verily I say unto you,
Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren,
ye have done it unto me."




No comments:

Post a Comment