Monday, April 25, 2011

When Things Don't Go According to the Plan

So I am a huge Stargate fan.  SG-1 and SGA for those who watch it.  But I have found so many similarities between Stargate and the gospel it can sometimes be quite funny.

Here is a clip I found in which Teal'c, an alien from another planet who is working with the US Air Force, makes a comment that would normally be considered wrong or confusing.  However, due to him not being familiar with earth culture and American sayings, he is often found saying things that are outside what we would normally think would be said.


Here we see that from his understanding of our use of words, to calm down is to get better.  So if things were going to get worse, being the opposite of better, they would indeed calm up, the opposite of down.

Just like Teal'c had a hard time understanding how we thought, and they way we speak, so to do we often have a hard time understanding the way our Father in Heaven thinks and speaks.

"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, 
neither are your ways my ways, 
saith the Lord.
 For as the heavens are higher than the earth, 
so are my ways higher than your ways, 
and my thoughts than your thoughts."

I hope that as we speak with those around us we will have the understanding that they might not understand what exactly we are trying to say to them, and that as we pray unto the Father we may be able to listen to what He says, so that we may learn from Him what is right.

I also know that as we turn to Him in prayer, we will be able to find peace in our hearts, even when we are in a situation that appears to "calm up".

No comments:

Post a Comment