Thursday, December 15, 2011

The Purpose of Life

          What is your purpose in life?

Why do you have a Physical Body?          

Who is most important person in your life?       

We have all come to this Earth for pretty much the same reason....To be tested and prove ourselves worthy for Salvation and Exaltation.

How Do we accomplish this?  By learning of Jesus Christ and His Atonement, receiving the Ordinances of Salvation, and by Keeping the Covenants associated with those Ordinances.

What are the Ordinances of Salvation?  Faith in Jesus Christ, Repentance, Baptism, and Receiving the Gift of the Holy Ghost.  Once we have received each Ordinance we must Endure to the End by remaining Faithful and always trying to do better.

Therefore, the Purpose of Life is to live in a way that would bless others, and be obedient to God's Commandments.

We have a Physical Body so that we can become more like our Father in Heaven.  Before this life we lived with him but we were Limited in our progression because we only had a Spiritual Body.  A Physical Body enables us to learn and Progress like our Heavenly Father.  The Ordinances of Salvation must also be performed with a Physical Body.


Last question...Who is the most important person in your life? 

Well for me it is my Family, Particularly my Dad.  I know that through a Priesthood Ordinance called a Sealing, that my Earthly Family can be together Forever.  These are the people that I have learned and grown with my whole life, and my Mom and Dad taught me how to grow up.

My Mom was there whenever I was hurt and needed help.  My Dad was there every time I couldn't figure out how to put something together.  My sisters taught me how to talk to Girls (this is quite handy).

With all these Experiences I hope to one day be not only Married until "death do we part", but to be Sealed for Time and ALL Eternity.

That is the Greatest blessing we can hope to obtain, is to be with our Families Forever.



No comments:

Post a Comment